Here at Placerville Doula, we are proud to support parents regardless of how they choose to feed their babies. If you’re breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed, you may know that while breastfeeding is the biological norm, it can definitely come with some challenges and hurdles! The support of a lactation consultant or someone who’s “been there, done that” can make all the difference in your breastfeeding journey. Here’s a list of our favorite resources for breastfeeding support around El Dorado County and online:
- Christine Miguelgorry, RN, LC | Christine Miguelgorry is a lactation consultant at Marshall Hospital in Placerville. You do not need to have given birth at Marshall to utilize Christine’s lactation support! Christine can be reached by phone at (530) 626-2835 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- EDC Breastfeeding Mommas | EDC Breastfeeding Mommas is a Facebook support group for local breastfeeding mothers. It’s a wonderful resource for asking questions, sharing experiences, and they even meet-up regularly for walks and other local child-friendly events. You can check them out at EDC Breastfeeding Mommas.
- Breastfeeding Coalition of El Dorado County | The Breastfeeding Coalition supports working mothers by providing breast pumps at no cost. You can contact Cindy Gaffney of the Western Slope at (530) 333-1917 ext. 241 or Patty Murphy of South Lake Tahoe at (530) 573-3049
- Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) | WIC also supports breastfeeding mothers by providing lactation consultants and pumps for working mothers. You can contact them at (530) 621-6176 or (530) 573-3491.
- KellyMom.com | KellyMom is an incredible online resource for any and all things lactation created by Kelly Bonyata, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). From preparing to breastfeed to weaning, KellyMom has a ton of information for every stage of your breastfeeding journey. Check it out at kellymom.com!
Do you know of any other great resources for breastfeeding support? We’d love to expand our resources; please feel free to share them in the comments!